How to Safely Enjoy Fireworks
With the 4th of July just days away and firework stands touting their wares in most major shopping complexes, safely enjoying this seasonal novelty is dependent on using common sense and the implementation of fire safety strategies to prevent personal injury and property damage.
Here are several tips to safely enjoying your fireworks:
- Always ignite fireworks outdoors
- When igniting fireworks never light near homes or buildings where sparks or flames could start a fire
- Light Fireworks on pavement- dry grass and leaves pose fire hazards and if ignited could spread to structures
- Monitor weather conditions- if it is windy do not ignite fireworks, as sparks could be blown onto combustible materials
- Never allow children to use fireworks unsupervised
- Never light more than one firework at a time
- If a firework fails to ignite, discard it
- Never through used fireworks directly into the trash
- Make sure they are fully extinguished prior to discarding
Have a safe fun-filled 4th of July!