Propane Grilling Safely
Now that springtime has brought warm temperatures, many people will enjoy grilling at home. Exercising safety precautions in grilling is essential to having a great experience. Many homeowners enjoy the convenience of propane grills. Here are a few quick and easy tips to grill safely using a propane grill.
- Always grill outside. Regardless of the weather, propane as well as charcoal grills are made specifically for outside use.
- Never store propane tanks inside, including the garage.
- If the grill fails to light- check for leaks using soapy water. If a leak is detected when the valve is open, there will be bubbles. Never check for leaks with a lighter or match.
- Never smoke around a propane tank.
- Do not allow children to connect or disconnect the propane tank.
- Always check the propane tank for dents or cracks and if damaged have it replaced.
- When transporting a propane tank make sure there is proper ventilation and never leave a propane tank inside a car.
- When storing your propane tank and grill- disconnect the hose and cover with a plastic tank. Make sure that the valve on the tank is closed.